England Squad announced for EURO 2024 Qualifiers
Gareth Southgate’s Three Lions squad for EURO 2024 Qualifiers against Malta and North Macedonia announced
England’s road to EURO 2024 continues in June when the Three Lions take on Malta and North Macedonia, and looking to cement their spot at the top of Group C.
Gareth Southgate’s side have two wins from their first two matches against Italy and Ukraine back in March. England were able to get revenge against Italy in the first game, beating Roberto Mancini’s Italy 2-1. It was a great result after the Azzurri had defeated them in the most recent Euros Final at Wembley.
It was an historic night for Harry Kane, who became England’s all-time leading goal scorer after surpassing Wayne Rooney’s record of 53.
Ukraine, the second of these two matches, took place at the iconic Wembley Stadium on Sunday 26th March. The Three Lions won the match in comfortable fashion with Kane and Bukayo Saka scoring the goals in a 2-0 victory.
A number of players have been recalled to the squad for the two upcoming EURO 2024 Qualifiers. Tyrone Mings earns his first since March 2022. Lewis Dunk has also been recalled to the Three Lions squad, as have the likes of Jordan Henderson and Marcus Rashford, who has been in stellar form for Manchester United this season with 16 Premier League goals.
Eberechi Eze has been called up to the England Senior Squad for the very first time after a fantastic season with his club, Crystal Palace. Eze has made 37 Premier League appearances this season, and has 10 goals and 4 assists to his name.
A couple of notable exceptions include Raheem Sterling and Ivan Toney with the latter serving an 8 month ban for breaching betting rules.
Below is the England squad for these two EURO 2024 Qualifiers in FULL:
- Sam Johnstone (Crystal Palace)
- Jordan Pickford (Everton)
- Aaron Ramsdale (Arsenal)
- Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
- Lewis Dunk (Brighton & Hove Albion)
- Marc Guéhi (Crystal Palace)
- Harry Maguire (Manchester United)
- Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa)
- Luke Shaw (Manchester United)
- John Stones (Manchester City)
- Kieran Trippier (Newcastle United)
- Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
- Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace)
- Conor Gallagher (Chelsea)
- Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
- Kalvin Phillips (Manchester City)
- Declan Rice (West Ham United)
- Phil Foden (Manchester City)
- Jack Grealish (Manchester City)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
- James Maddison (Leicester City)
- Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)
- Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
- Callum Wilson (Newcastle United)
England and Malta have played against each other on 5 occasions with the Three Lions victorious in all of their meetings. The same can be said for England matches against North Macedonia, as the Three Lions have won on all four occasions.
England will be hoping for 6 points out of these two matches as they look to stamp their authority on Group C and go on to secure their spot in the 2024 European Championships which are set to take place in Germany.
We provide premium football hospitality for all fixtures held at the ‘Home of Football’ with our Club Wembley packages.