Ascot Racecourse: home to the some of the season’s finest flat racing fixtures. Races at Ascot are renowned for attracting a cast of thousands every year with the annual showcase, Royal Ascot, triumphing over all. The prestigious Royal Meeting boasts 8 fascinating Group 1 races, ranging in distance from the 5f King’s Stand Stakes to the 2 and a half mile Gold Cup. Five days of top-class racing at Ascot is the perfect tonic for those looking to combine pulsating action with a tremendous social occasion.
Royal Ascot 2020 Dates
Proceedings get underway at the prestigious Royal Meeting on Tuesday 16th June 2020. Royal Ascot Ladies Day is on Thursday 18th June 2020 with the event coming to a close on Saturday 20th June 2020. A day to look out for is certainly Ascot Ladies Day, which this year is scheduled for Thursday 18th June.
Ascot Dress Code
Synonymous with style, elegance and unrivalled sophistication – values which are upheld by the meeting’s impeccable dress code – Royal Ascot represents one of the world’s most popular social events in the summer calendar. The luxury and finery of this splendid social occasion is unrivalled by most and for good reason. The dress codes for two of the venue’s popular enclosures can be found below:
Gentlemen are required to wear either grey or black morning dress inside the Royal Enclosure, this must include:
- Waistcoat and tie (no cravats)
- Black or grey top hat
- Black shoes
Ladies are required to wear formal daywear when inside the Royal Enclosure and this is defined below:
- Dresses and skirts should be of modest length, falling just above the knee
- Tops and dresses should have straps of one inch or greater
- Jackets and pashminas are permitted but must be worn over dresses and tops
- Trouser suits are allowed but should be of full length and matching colour
- Hats should be worn
- A headpiece with a base of 4 inches or greater in diameter is also acceptable
Queen Anne Enclosure
Gentlemen with Queen Anne Enclosure Admission must wear a suit with a shirt and tie. Ladies with admission to the Grandstand are encouraged to dress for a formal occasion and should adhere to the following:
- A hat, fascinator or headpiece should be worn at all times
- Strapless/sheer strap top or dresses are not permitted
- Trousers must be full length and comply with the above guidelines
- Midriffs should be covered
- Shorts are not permitted
Enjoy this splendid social occasion in unrivalled style with Eventmasters’ Official Royal Ascot Hospitality.
Toast to 2020 in style with a fabulous corporate package at Ascot Racecourse. It can only be imagined the impression that will be left with your valuable clients!